UNPARDONABLE UNFORGIVABLE SIN
Be on your guard, that the demons and devils NOT confuse you, making you believe you have become…”unforgivable”. You are not like a zombie or a vampire doomed to be the walking dead, condemned. Because you are concerned you may have accidentally “Blasphemed The Holy Spirit”, you most likely have not. You most likely are not the pharisees who committed this sin.
If you are NOT a Christian (born again, believe that Jesus (Yeshua) is God (YHWH) in the flesh, died for our sins, rose again, ascended into Heaven as the Holy Spirit descended onto earth given us gifts of the Fruit and gifts of the Spirt, accepting this showing works WITH faith) most likely the UNPARDONABLE SIN doesn’t even matter. Depending on your interpretation of the Bible, either the sinful are destroyed or cast in to the Lake of Fire, an unforgivable sin almost doesn’t matter any more UNLESS it means ADDITIONAL suffering on TOP OF or ADDITIONAL to being destroyed or while in the Lake of Fire. Else, Unpardonable Sin applies to those going to Heaven as well.
Some say the unpardonable sin is when you deny Jesus as your savior and do not accept the gift of the Holy Spirit, condemning yourself to Hell. However, the Bible says blaspheme against Jesus (Yeshua) is FORGIVABLE (Matthew 12:31,32). So then, if the unpardonable sin is going through life denying Jesus is “forgivable”, then we can get into Heaven still WITHOUT going through Jesus Christ. How can any of us possible deny Jesus and it is forgivable when Jesus says “know one goes to the Father but through me (Yeshua)”? Jesus ALSO says that if we deny Him in public, so shall He DENY us before our Father. Blaspheme apparently does NOT mean denying Christ because Blaspheme against Christ is FORGIVABLE. Please, lets continue but I pray that you pause here, and pray first for wisdom, insight, and the Holy Spirit to guide you in your studies, interpretation of God’s word, and understanding. The Bible clearly states the Holy Spirit gives us insight so in prayer to God petitioning Him to grant the Holy Spirit to work in YOUR life right here, right now, before you continue. Take your time…
If you are a true Christian, and commit the UNPARDONABLE SIN, then it is UNFORGIVABLE. The question is:
What is this sin exactly?
What happens to a real Christian when they are saved but committed the UNPARDONABLE SIN?
Matthew 12:31-32 says this unpardonable sin is what YOU SAY/DO when you see and recognize the works of God, instead you attribute God’s work willfully to that of Satan instead. “but the blasphemy (g0988 blasphemia) against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men”.
- Some interpret as only the non-believers do this willfully and consistently. Denying the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit by denying Jesus their savior
- Some interpret as not affecting only non-believers because they don’t know any better since they don’t believe in God. But with prayer, it is understood this unpardonable sin applies to the saved AND unsaved who deny the works of the Holy Spirit both WILLINGLY and KNOWINGLY.
- Non-believers may also consistently deny God out of their hardened and foolish hearts which is NOT blaspheme. The Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic meanings and interpretations via Strong’s Concordance is provided herein.
Another view from “Christians” (alternate view)
Once a person has rejected the truth of the Holy Spirit (who speaks of Jesus Christ and the plan of Salvation), there is no other way that person can be saved. The rejection of God’s truth is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and cannot be forgiven in this world or in the world to come. It is impossible for a person to be saved who has rejected the truth of God as presented by the Holy Spirit.
- Confusing about the above statement is that “rejection” of God’s truth is called foolishness and hardening of one’s heart. Being a fool or having a hardened heart may not even be a sin??? Rejecting Jesus as your savior means no matter how good you are, we are unworthy of standing before God, we chose NOT to accept Jesus and all of our sins will bear down on us on judgement day.
- Also, blaspheme means to “slander” or “falsely” accuse the work of God, the Holy Spirit, willfully calling it the works of Satan, demons, devils, and evil.
- Technically, to be exact, didn’t we ALL at one time reject God’s word at one time or another and had to look deeper into it? How many times of rejecting His word does it qualify as “blasphemy”? It seems it is NOT blasphemy against the Holy Spirit until we die, then the unforgivable sin has been done and we are to be punished into the NEXT WORLD. How is it that we are punished in THIS WORLD AND the NEXT WORLD since being punished on THIS WORLD implies we are still alive while BLASPHEMING. apparently, punishment on this world for blaspheming does not wait until we are actually dead, right?
These same Christians go on to say “Conversely, a person who has believed that Jesus is the Savior has not and can not blaspheme the Holy Spirit, because that person has accepted the testimony of the Holy Spirit as truth”. However:
- Demons recognize who Jesus is
- Satan, Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, Lucifer himself understands this as well and is ALSO a BELIEVER.
Knowingly to reject the Holy Spirit’s testimony, the works of the Holy Spirit, when you RECOGNIZE the work is indeed of the Holy Spirit, and you tell others it is NOT of God but of the devil/demons/satan/evil. That is blaspheme.
Matthew 12:14 30 Jesus was confronted by the pharisees about His miracles and casting out demons. They asked under who’s authority and where that power came from. They accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan.
Matthew 12:36 – 37 says Eternal judgment awaits any who attempt to turn the people AGAINST JESUS by SLANDEROUS accusations of blasphemy. This appears that it can be a one-time event and not necessarily something “continuous”. The “alternate” approach of Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is that we are constantly, consistently, denying the Holy Spirit and are condemned after death for not accepting the death of Yeshua, YHWH in the flesh, accepting the Holy Spirit (albeit some of us believe you must now bear fruit else you are WITHOUT the Holy Spirit, and are not truly saved).
Furthermore, in Mark 3:28-29 says
- “Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies
- (g0988 blasphemia)
- wherewith soever they shall blaspheme
- (g0987 blasphemeo):
- But he that shall blaspheme
- (g0987 blasphemeo)
- against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness
- (g0859 aphesis: pardon – letting sin go as if it never been committed, remission of the penalty, deliverance, liberty, release from bondage or imprisonment),
- but is in danger of eternal
- (aionios g0166: perpetual, past and future, forever, everlasting, without beginnning and end, or without end, never to cease, everlasting)
- (g2920 krisis: decision, tribunal, accusation, condemnation, judgement, concerning right or wrong, justice and injustice, sentence of condemnation, damanatory judgment, and punishment).”
What this says is recognizing God’s work through the Holy Spirit, knowingly this is His work, and saying it is the work of Satan. This is cause for an “unforgiveness” or “remission” of your sin into the next life and puts you IN DANGER of FOREVER PUNISHMENT. It does not say you will be thrown into Hell or Destroyed.
The sin of blaspheming Jesus, your neighbor, whomever, is FORGIVABLE but the work of the Holy Spirit is a wonderful thing to behold, recognizing it for EXACTLY what it is and who it came from, you willfully trick others into thinking it is the work of Satan. This is EXTREMELY rare and would be something that most likely cannot be done accidentally. An example perhaps is a picture of Mother Mary crying red tears and hundreds if not thousands come to worship this. I would call this the work of Satan. I put myself in danger of eternal damnation IF I PURPOSELY and WILLFULLY attempt to mislead possible new converts away from God and Jesus. However, the closer I am to God, through Jesus, with the Holy Spirit, the MORE CONFIDENT I am in calling bull, nonsense, demonic, tomfoolery without a DOUBT in my mind it is not from God. I fall back on my knowledge and Gifts granted to me from the Holy Spirit and the Fruit of the Holy Spirit to recognize false idols and bowing before other gods. There is that chance I may be wrong in your mind, and if you doubt, simply stay quiet for moving in fear and doubt is ALSO A SIN. If I say “it is of the devils, demons, or Lucifer”, although I am right, but I have “DOUBT”, i am sinning by acting on DOUBT without praying/consulting with the Holy Spirit, far less serious than the unpardonable sin. In fact, infinitely less serious, especially as I pray daily to forgive me of my sins AND THE SINS I UNKNOWINGLY COMMIT I remain covered by the Blood of Jesus. Although covered, we learn, move on in His name and turning from such sins as habitual sin shows you are not in the Spirit, not born again, and most likely not inheriting Heaven.
The pharisees knew who Jesus was, they did not want to lose their status, control, rank, and income, plotted against Jesus, came up with a plan, and purposely discredited His miraculous work. Now, if you do something like that, then yes, you are a fool and you will get what you get. Have you did this by accident? Possibly, but extremely unlikely.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS OF VAIN AND BLASPHEMY
10 Commandments, Thou shalt not take the name of the YHWH (LORD) thy Elohim (God) in vain. For the YHWH (LORD) will NOT hold him GUILTLESS (h5352 naqa: clean, acquitted, blameless, cleansed, innocent, unpunished) that taketh his name in VAIN (h7723 saw or shav: false, disceptive, lying, falsely, destructively evil).
In Mark 7:7-8, Christ said, “Howbeit in VAIN (g3155 maten: folly, to no purpose, fruitlessly, comes from g3145 massaomai: to squeeze, chew, gnaw, consume, devour) do they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men.” – A different version of vain, incorrectly worshipping God doing man-made traditions rather than the 10 commandments. This is “FRUITLESS”.
(g0987 blasphemeo): vilify; defame, revile, speak evil of, to be evil spoken of, railed at
(g0988 blasphemia): Slander, detraction, injurious speech to another’s good name, reproachful speech injurious o divine majesty
(g0989 blasphemos): speaking evil, slander, repraoch, failing, abusive language – especially towards God
Greek interpretation of blaspheme is “intentional indignity offered to God or sacred things.”