GIFTS AND FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Gifts of the Holy Spirit is for EVERY believer
(1 Corinthians 12:7 ; 1 Corinthians 14:31)
YOU, you are responsible for obtaining your gifts and using them wisely. It is also important to know how these gifts work. One, is to recognize when someone is lying to you. To recognize false Christians. Recognize the devils and demons laboring about you in humans, the animal kingdom, and objects. To avoid ARGUING and FEUDING with your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord (yes, I recognize His true name is Yeshua and yes He is God in the flesh). Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury (fellow Christ Followers).
23 Spiritual Gifts (some have broken the gifts down into 23 gifts of the Holy Spirit)
(Romans 12, Ephesians 4 & 1 and Corinthians 12)
• Administration / Ruling
• Apostleship / Pioneering
• Creative Communication
• Encouraging / Exhorting
• Pastor / Shepherding
• Prophecy / Perceiving
• Serving / Ministry
• Showing Mercy
3 MAIN CATEGORIES DIVIDING THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (some say the main gifts):
Gifts to SAY: Prophecy, Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues.
Gifts to KNOW: The Word of Wisdom, The Word of Knowledge and The Discerning of Spirits.
Gifts to DO: The Gift of Faith, The Gifts of Healing and The Working of Miracles.
MANIFESTATIONS OF THE GIFTS
Manifestations of our gifts through Yeshua given to us by the Holy Spirit
(1 Corinthians 12:)
Manifestations of wisdom and knowledge through the Holy Spirit
1. The gift of wisdom, verse 8
2. The gift of knowledge, verse 8
3. The gift of discernment, verse 10
Manifestations of the power of the Holy Spirit
4. The gift of faith, verse 9
5. The gift of healing, verse 9
6. The gift of working of miracles, 9
Special inspirational utterances through the Holy Spirit
7. The gift of prophecy, verse 10
8. The gift of tongues, verse 10
9. The gift of the interpretation of tongues, verse 10
The New Testament contains several lists of spiritual gifts, most authored by Paul. While each list is unique, there is overlap. (note that Yeshua (Jesus) said He was leaving and someone “greater” than He will come and that it is a good thing – referring to the Holy Spirit). Let us briefly look at the nature and power of each gift of the Holy Spirit as distributed amongst the believers. Some may have more than one gift.
|Romans 12:6-8||1 Corinthians 12:8-10||1 Corinthians 12:28||Ephesians 4:11||1 Peter 4:11|
PURPOSE – FUNCTION – DISTRIBUTION
- Purpose of Gifts
- Confirm prophet speaking from God: Heb 2:3,4
- Edify church: 1 Cor 12:7
- Function Of Each Of The Nine Gifts: 1 Cor 12:8-10
- Wisdom: Bible says little, perhaps: 1 Cor 2:4-7; 2 Pe 3:15
- Knowledge: 1 Cor 13:8 Bible says little
- Faith: 1 Cor 13:2; Mt 17:19 21 Bible says little about this gift
- Jn 14:26; 16:13
- Eph 3:5 apostles and prophets
- Acts 21:9 four daughters of Philip
- Distinguishing / Discerning of Spirits: Bible says little, perhaps: Acts 16:16-18; 1 Jn 4:1
- Healings: Acts 3 lame man: Jas 5:14-15
- Miracles: Acts 20:9-12; Acts 28:3-6
- unlearned foreign languages: Acts 2:718
- sign to unbelievers: cor 14:22; Acts 2:6-8
- 1 Cor 12:27-28
- no more than 3 may speak in any one assembly
- each must speak in turn, not a the same time
- if no interpreter present no one may speak in tongues in assembly
- Interpretation of tongues: 1 Cor 14:13,28
- C. DISTRIBUTION:
- Holy Spirit always given through the laying on of Apostles hands: Acts 8:14-19
- Holy Spirit decides who would get which gift: I Cor 12:7-11
Remember brothers and sisters in Yeshua our Lamb, Savior, Redeemer, and Righteous King… We are a part of one body, each needing each other! (1 Corinthians 12:26,27)
- 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it. If one part is honored, every part shares in its joy.
- 27 You are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of it.
Are all gifts still present in today’s world?
Is prophecy still needed now that the Bible has been closed and not to be added to or changed?
Is there still a need for speaking in tongues?
- How do I obtain my gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit. Start immediately cutting out sin in your life. I’m not talking about stop lying because you don’t want to get caught. I’m not talking about losing fat because you want to look better for a sinful relationship or to tempt others in their lust for you. I’m not talking about being stronger or running faster and further so you can outrun the cops. I’m talking about a healthier you for the glory of God. We do for God (YHWY) and His kingdom. He knows your heart, in everything we do we must do first in prayer, so we move forward without DOUBT (which is a sin by the way), with Yah’s (YHWH) approval.
- Pray to YHWH for we do not have because we do not ask
- Know your prayer busters which hinder your prayers. If anything, ask a friend, cousin, acquaintance, what can you do as a person to improve? Although they may not be Christians, they may give you insight to grievous sins.
- Find a faithful Christian church who OBVIOUSLY does not pick and choose from the Bible. They are either for God or against God. If they choose homosexuality and/or abortion (child sacrifice), they are against God and us. If they do no works in Christ, or only preach what the “simple minded” want to hear, then find another church. If possible, find a strong Christ-following group to pray with you. They will put their hands on you and pray over you.
- How long will this take to learn and perfect my Fruits & Gifts?
- Hopefully forever. Heaven is where Yahweh will meet all of our needs so we will never want or need anything…and I have quite an imagination. I love learning and the more I learn the dumber I feel when I realize my God, the Elohim of elohims, is INFINITELY wise and intelligent. The depths of YHWH will keep me forever learning about Him and whatever He wishes to create next. Learning our gifts here on earth is just a short skit, a play that will soon end…Yes, indeed it is a rehearsal for fellow Christ Followers for the final show to push our limits, how high we can jump, how far we can stretch, how graceful we can move in preparation before the lights will go out on this world..and on to the Grand Finale! ps. You need to be SAVED to see the show, seating is UNLIMITED, needs for everyone WILL BE MET, sadly, there will be empty seats, gladly, there is a sky full of angels to sit next to us!
REAL CHRISTIANS – CHRIST FOLLOWERS
John 15:1-2 Jesus says “I am the vine, you are the branches, without me you can do nothing”.
John 15:4-6 Jesus says those who do not abide in Jesus are cast forth as a branch, and is withered, and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. As a Christian, you had better learn what “Abide in Jesus” means. Some believe this means you show no fruit of the spirit, nor gifts, and will be cast into the fire.
“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”This is the Holy Spirit. Do you radiate any gifts or fruit of the Holy Spirit? Maybe you have the wrong jesus? My Jesus, Yeshua, our Lamb and Savior also says He will chew you up and spit you out for being a lukewarm Christian.
Revelations 3:15,16 “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 “So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.” – uh oh, not looking for the “Real Christians” who are look warm.
John 7:39 But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.” Jesus after 40 days of miracles and witnessing, He ascended into Heaven, with God’s voice proclaiming to all while the Holy Spirit descends from Heaven in the form of a dove. Now, are you ready to get cast into the fire or bear fruit?